FACEBOOK LIVE QUIZ
Thank you for taking part.
We enjoyed our first LIVE quiz on Facebook on Easter Sunday - Please give us a LIKE on Facebook to watch and support our next LIVE quiz which will be announced here also.
Next quiz - Sunday 7th June at 5pm
Below is the questions and answers for Sunday 31st May
1.In which year did Maradona score a goal with his hand?
2.What is the national sport in Japan?
3.How many minutes is a rugby match?
4. In which country were the first Olympic Games held?
5. How many players are on each side of the net in beach volleyball?
6. What should you do in swordplay when you break your saber?
7. How matches did Mohammed Ali lose in his career?
8. How long is an Olympic swimming pool?
9. At what number does one begin when playing Darts?
10. Which car won Fernando Alonso his first title in Formula 1 with?
1) The shape of modern champagne glasses is said to have derived from the mould of whose breasts?
2) The earliest evidence of alcohol production dates back to which period of history?
3) “Alcohol” is a word derived from which language?
4) The Manhattan cocktail, a blend of sweet vermouth and whisky, was first created by the mother of which famous politician?
5) What year was the first beer was sold in cans?
6) In Greek mythology, who is the god of wine?
7) What is considered to be the oldest alcoholic beverage in the world?
8) With which countries do people often associate cognac?
9) When was the first time when beer was sold bottles?
10) Gin was originally used for which purposes?
1.Which King of England was crowned on Christmas Day?
2.Who was assassinated by Nathuram Godse in 1948?
3.The 1812 Overture was written to celebrate the defeat of Napoleon in which city?
4.What was the original name of the Royal Air Force?
5.In what year did the United States enter the First World War?
6.What Viking is said to have discovered America?
7.Who is the only British Prime Minister to be assassinated?
8.What name was given to the Chinese peasant uprising of 1900?
9.How many UK monarchs were there in the 20th century?
10.The inhabitants of which English town hung a monkey during the Napoleonic wars?
1.What county is the geographical centre of England?
2. How many children did Queen Victoria have?
3.Who said this: "I knew what my job was, it was to go out and meet the people and love them."
4. Which Hertfordshire town has an underground cave?
5.How many Hemsworth brothers are there?
6. 'Heart of Darkness' is an 1899 novel by which British author?
7. In the Bible, who lead the Israelites out of Egypt and across the Red Sea?
8. True or false: According to Scottish law, it is illegal to be drunk in charge of a cow
9. Which St Albans pub claims to be the oldest in the country?
10. Which world city has the slogan: "What Happens Here, Stays Here"?
3. 80 Minutes
5. Two players
6. Replace it
7. Only one
8. Fifty meters
9. The number 501
1) Marie Antoinette
2) The Stone Age
4) Winston Churchill
4.Royal Flying Corps
6.Eric the Red
1.Chip and Pin
2.No smoke without fire
3. Season’s Greetings
6.Christmas TV Ads
9.Money, money, money
11. Scrambled Eggs
12. Woman’s rights
9.Ye Olde Fighting Cocks