FACEBOOK LIVE QUIZ
Thank you for taking part.
We enjoyed our first LIVE quiz on Facebook on Easter Sunday - Please give us a LIKE on Facebook to watch and support our next LIVE quiz which will be announced here also.
Next quiz - Sunday 2nd August at 5pm
Below is the questions and answers for Sunday 12th July
This 20 question quiz also has an added bonus question. The first letters of each correct answer spell out the sub-title above.
1. Into which sea does the Nile flow?
2. Three continents lie on the Tropic of Capricorn, South America is one, name any of the other two?
3. In American currency 10 cents make a what?
4. Afrikaans was developed from which European language?
5. An Ortanique is a cross between a tangerine and what other fruit?
6. What Italian word for 'Scratched Drawing' can be found on walls all over the world?
7. What musical features 'Some Enchanted Evening' and 'There Is Nothing Like A Dame'?
8. What was the name of the first manned lunar landing mission in 1969?
9. Which boxer was nicknamed 'The Dark Destroyer'?
10. What was the name of Ritchie Valens' girlfriend?
11. What is the procedure called where an anaesthetic is injected close to the spinal cord?
12. What poisonous oily liquid occurs naturally in tobacco leaves?
13. Who had his first UK top 10 hit with 'Wichita Lineman'?
14. Which sign of the Zodiac is represented by the Scales?
15. In which country was Rudyard Kipling born?
16. What is the gemstone for September?
17. What instrument has been nicknamed the 'Mississippi Saxaphone'?
18. One and a half litres of champagne is known as a what?
19. In alphabetical order name the three particles that make up an atom?
20. What is the common name of the' Auora Borealis'?
BONUS QUESTION - WHAT DOES THE FIRST LETTER OF EACH ANSWER SPELL OUT?
This 15 question round is all about advertising slogans. All you have to do is name the company that used it.
HINT - They all have something to do with drink.
1. Any time any place anywhere
2. The king of beers OR Wassssupppp
3. Probably the best beer in the world
4. Australians wouldn't give a XXXX about anything else
5. A diamond is forever
6. Stays sharp to the bottom of the glass
7. Refreshes the parts other beers cannot reach
8. Follow the bear
9. Reassuringly expensive
10. Australian for beer
11. Who wants to see all the little bunnie wunnies then
12. Unmistakeable german craftmanship
13. Good things come to those who wait
14. 1664. A good year for beer
15. Cream of Manchester
The Numbers Game
This 7 question quick fire round uses the number of the question to tell you how many answers there are. e.g. 1 answer for Q1, 2 answers for Q2, 3 answers for Q3 etc.
1. One under par
2. Two fat ladies
3. Three tenors
4. The Horsemen of the Apocolypse
5. The Famous Five
7. Deadly Sins
2. Australia, Africa
7. South Pacific
8. Apollo XI
9. Nigel Benn
13. Glen Cambell
19. Electron, Neutron, Proton
20. Northern Lights
BONUS ANSWER - MAD DOGS AND ENGLISHMEN
4. Castlemaine XXXX
5. De Beers (The diamond merchant, I did say the answers were only to do with drinks, not drinks companies!)
6. Harp Lager
9. Stella Artois
11. John Smiths
1.Miny the minx
2.Korky the cat
7.The bash street kids
11.Dennis the mennis
12.Roy of the rovers
14.Hagar the horrible
15.Billy the whizz
THE NUMBER ROUND
2. Jennifer Patterson, Clarissa Dickson-Wright
3. Pavarotti, Domingo, Carreras
4. Famine, Pestilence, War, Death (Will accept also, Conquest and Plague)
5. Timmy, George (or Georgina), Julian, Dick (or Richard), Anne
6. Phoebe, Monica, Rachel, Joey, Ross, Chandler
7. Pride, Envy, Anger, Sloth, Avarice, Gluttony, Lust (Alternate names Vanity, Jealousy, Anger, Greed also accepted)